3.27.2012

Greetings from a Blogger Newbie

I'm new at this whole blogging thing, but was looking for an outlet to work on my creative writing skills, so here I am.   The design of the site is still a work in progress, and the look is likely to change a few times before I'm satisfied that it's just the way I want it.  So, bear with me, if you will... :)


The name (Mimi's Tulip Tea)?  Well, my grandchildren call me Mimi, Tulips are my VERY favorite flower, and I used to collect all things "tea".  I say that I used to collect, because during the preparation for my latest new beginning, I gave all those things away.  Actually, I gave everything away... but that story will be told another day.  So, while trying to come up with a different and unusual name, as recommended by the blogging pros, I made a list of a few of my favorite things and tried various combinations.  For some reason, this particular combination sounded just right.  And so it is. 


Before I share stories, I thought I would start with a favorite hobby of mine... nature photography.  I'm not a pro, and I don't own a fancy camera (anymore), but I enjoy it and it helps me to re-focus and relax.  

Here are a few photos from my most recent outing:











There's just something spectacular about springtime... as buds appear and begin to open to new life.  No matter how long, cold and dark the winter has been, Spring is sure to follow.  Take some time today to enjoy the beauty around you... and perhaps even consider your own new beginning.  After all, if you woke up breathing, you were granted another chance!  Take it!  

Love wholeheartedly.  Hug tightly.  Forgive quickly & completely.  Make memories.  Don't leave important words unsaid.  

And, eat red jello as often as you can!  :)

Happy Day!
Liz

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you've joined the land of the bloggers! Looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to blogging, liz! very cute place you've got here.
    and i love red jello, too:)
    happy new week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Hannah! I enjoy reading your blogs as well. Have a blessed week! :)

    ReplyDelete